Event and workshop registration
Due to the popularity of our events, advance registration with full payment is required for all events and workshops. Walk-in admittance will be determined at the time of the event, provided space availability. Event registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Seating arrangements vary for each event. We recommend that guests arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the start of the event.
We understand that life brings change and unanticipated circumstances occasionally arise. In fairness to our international presenters who travel great distances to share their gifts with our community, it is necessary to enforce these policies.
- Refunds are available (less than 50% processing fee) for cancellations up to eight days prior to the scheduled event date. Non-refundable credit toward a future event is available with notice provided between seven to one day prior to the event. Credit is good for one year from date issued. No refund or credit is available with day of cancellation, no show, or partial attendance.
- YogAsylum reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any workshop. If YogAsylum cancels a workshop, paid registrants will be given full refunds. Re-scheduled workshop information will be posted on the website.
- Yoga is best practiced on an empty stomach, so it is advised not to eat for two to three hours prior or one half hour after. Also avoid fluid intake during practice but hydrate well afterwards.
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows freedom of movement. You may want to dress in light layers to accommodate variations in body temperature throughout your yoga practice.
- We recommend bare feet during yoga class. However, you may want to bring socks to wear at the start and end of your yoga practice.
- Bags, purses, and other personal items are left outside of the yoga studio.
- Cell phones are turned off and silence is observed while class is in session.
- Find your practice space, allowing adequate distance between you and other students. Allow several inches between your mat and the next mat. Staggering your mat from your neighbor’s often gives you additional space during your yoga practice.
- We appreciate a fragrance-free environment; thank you for avoiding scented body products.
- For your convenience, YogAsylum offers professional mat rental services for $2, though if you have your own mat, please bring it. We also feature a selection of professional grade, earth-friendly, natural rubber mats for purchase in our studio boutique. It is best to invest in your own mat for the development of your personal practice and a quality mat is a must for your safety and enjoyment.
- YogAsylum provides clean props such as blocks, straps, bolsters, blankets and eye pillows. These items are conveniently located inside the classrooms and are available for your use during yoga classes. If you need props for your home practice, shop our boutique for a variety of products.
- We recommend that students arrive about 10 minutes prior to the start of class. Please note that classes begin promptly and late entry to class is potentially disruptive to other students.
- Inform your yoga teacher of any injuries or health concerns that you may have prior to class.
- We strongly recommend that all students remain in class through Savasana (meditation at the end of our yoga classes). Savasana is important for rebalancing, restoring, and resting the body.
- During winter months, we ask that you leave your shoes on the carpet at the front entrance to help us preserve our beautiful cork floors. Note: Shoes are not permitted in the studios.
- Our teachers and staff are here for you. If you have any questions or concerns, please inform us. We will do our best to accommodate all requests and resolve concerns quickly.